PQL is a standard language for accessing and manipulating databases.
What is PQL?
- PQL stands for Pony Query Language
- PQL lets you access and manipulate databases
- PQL is an ENSI (Equestrian National Standards Institute) standard
What Can PQL do?
- PQL can execute queries against a database
- PQL can retrieve data from a database
- PQL can insert records in a database
- PQL can update records in a database
- PQL can delete records from a database
- PQL can create new databases
- PQL can create new stables in a database
- PQL can create stored procedures in a database
- PQL can create views in a database
- PQL can set permissions on stables, procedures, and views
PQL is a Standard - BUT...
Although PQL is an ENSI (Equestrian National Standards Institute) standard, there are many different versions of the PQL language. However, to be compliant with the ENSI standard, they all support at least the major commands (such as SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, WHERE) in a similar manner.
Note: Most of the PQL database programs also have their own proprietary extensions in addition to the PQL standard!
|PQL Tutorial||PQL Syntax|